Prima Civitas is a nonprofit economic and community development organization that works to improve Michigan by connecting, convening, collaborating and adding expert capacity to projects that support the state’s economic growth.
Convener. Connector. Collaborator. Capacity Builder.
Our work is focused in these areas:
- Facilitation and Strategic Planning
- Budget Analysis, Financial Restructuring and Legal Analysis
- New Market Development and Innovation
- Talent Attraction and Retention
In addition to the key services listed above, Prima Civitas offers a full range of direct services to public and private agencies, including:
- Asset Mapping
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Relationship Building and Partner Alignment
- Economic Development Services
- Implementation and Technical Assistance
- Commercialization of Intellectual Property
We assemble a unique project team including Prima Civitas staff and our diverse network of knowledge partners, such as university faculty, new sector leaders, and workforce developers. Once the project team is established, we develop a structured process that leads to a common agenda, shared measurement, ongoing communication, and mutually reinforced activities among all participants. Through this *collective impact approach, our projects remain collaborative and effective from conception to launch.
*More information on “collective impact” can be found in the Stanford Social Innovation Review.